can i just be qunari IRL so i can reject everyday tasks
like “your homework is…”
“not a demand of the qun.”
“you have to mow the lawns”
“the qun demands my attention elsewhere”
“it’s your turn on dishes tonight”
“fixing your mess is not a demand of the qun, and yOU SHOULD ALL BE GRATEFUL”
if artistic people are forced to take years of math and science then why don’t sciencey people have to take art and music classes
someone found a real life plot hole
In college, I had to take 6 semesters of religion, 4 of philosophy, 2 of English, 2 of history, 1 of art, and a crapton other liberal arts classes. Liberal arts majors had to take 1 math class and 0 sciences.
So I was telling my sister about my giveaway and she told me that she still wants some of the stuff that I wanted to give to you guys, so I decided to make a new giveaway all together. These are most of the items I’m giving away, those not pictured (because I’ve misplaced them) will be listed and I’ll try to post pictures of them ASAP. I don’t know if you can see it well on the pictures, but I wrote my URL on paper and placed them in the photos. Most items have been used, but are all in wonderful and working condition. Here are the items:
- Harry Potter Collectors Edition DVD Box Set (6 and 7 Part 1 & 2 come with blu-ray copies; limited edition serial number on box)
- Harry Potter Books 1-7
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J. K Rowling
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J. K Rowling
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K Rowling
- J.K Rowling “The Princess of Magic” Biography by Marc Shapiro
- Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans
- Harry Potter Top Trumps Playing Cards
- The Sorting Hat (it’s like a Magic 8 Ball, you shake it and it tells you your house)
- Harry Potter and the Half- Blood Prince Deluxe Gift Book
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Portfolio
- Trelawney’s Divination Glass Ball
- Voldemort’s Wand
- The Casual Vacancy by J. K Rowling
- Gryffindor Pen (from the HP Exhibition)
- The Golden Snitch (not pictured)
- Harry’s Wand (not pictured)
- The Elder Wand (not pictured)
- Time Turner (not pictured)
- Doctor Who Series 1-4 Box Sets
- Bow Ties Are Cool t-shirt (not pictured)
- 10th Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver (not pictured, the light doesn’t work, but you can put batteries in)
- 11th Doctor’s Sonic Screwdriver (not pictured)
- The Hobbit 70th Anniversary Edition (I have the film cover one if you’d prefer)
- The Lord of the Rings Paperback Box Set
- The Hobbit Film Poster (not pictured, it was too big to fit in)
- Percy Jackson Books 1-3 Box Set
- The Son of Neptune
The Mortal Instruments/ Cassandra Clare:
- City of Bones
- City of Ashes
- City of Glass
- City of Fallen Angels
- Clockwork Angel
- The Hunger Games, Catching Fire (not pictured) and Mockingjay
- The Book Thief
- The Body Shop Union Flag Travel Bag (I don’t know why I added this one)
- REBLOG ONLY (LIKES DO NOT COUNT)
- REBLOG ONCE (YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED OTHERWISE)
- Please be following me, this is a giveaway for my lovely followers!
- I’m using a random number generator to find 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place.
- Each winner gets to pick two of the six ‘categories.’ First place will get first preference. Obviously the Harry Potter stuff is the biggest category, so the other two winners will be allowed to choose one item from it (but not the DVDs or Books)
- Shipping is worldwide!
- THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 31 MAY 2013 (My birthday, whoo!)
For any other questions, just ask!
Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle
Nidhogg a.k.a. The Malice Striker, is the foremost of the great serpents and dragons who live beneath the world tree Yggdrasil. From there Nidhogg gnaws at the roots of the tree that holds the nine worlds, slowly but surely bringing forward the day of Ragnarok. On that day when the very cosmos are undone, Nidhogg will fly forth from below Yggdrasil to aid the giants in taking down the Aesir.
In the Völuspá poem (Translated to “Insight of the Seeress”) Nidhogg is described as ruling over a part of the underworld called Náströnd (“The shore of corpses”) where he spends his free time snacking on perjurers, murderers, and adulterers, because what else is a giant terrifying dragon going to do until the end of the world?
However, this last bit about the punishment of sinners in the land of the dead has a distinctly un-Norse feeling to it, and is suspected to be a later addition influenced by Christianity, as they aren’t happy unless someone’s being punished for eternity.